Monday 12 May 2008

My school is an extraordinary one and if you knew it's name, you'd make assumptions based on reviews you've heard. I wouldn't want that to happen. This school has really helped me. In fact, it's saved my life. When I was walking home from the supermarket one Saturday afternoon, minding my own business and with not a care in  the world, a man pulled up in his car and dragged my into the boot. He held a gun at my head and said to me that he would kill me if I couldn't spell onomatopoeia and describe accurately what it means to him in a minute. Quickly I replied "O-N-O-M-A-T-O-P-O-E-I-A. It means a word that sounds like a sound that it is describing." The man was impressed and let me go. I ran off home. The school really helped me as we covered everything thoroughly and I knew it all by heart. I was really proud to say that this was my school. The school's environment is really good and the facilities available to us are second to none. The opportunities to use these facilities are always there as the school thrives knowing that we are doing our utmost to maintain the good reputation and standards of the school. The positive atmosphere and the sheer politeness of the students makes this a classy working environment and pupils look forward to coming here in the mornings. The start is early but we aren't thrown into work, we are calmly explained our work for the period and we get on with it at our own pace. English lessons especially provide us with understanding of our language and help us to structure our sentences like a well-educated adult. This helps us in many ways. Around our homes people hear us speaking correctly, using grammar that only a lawyer would use and setting an example. This can help us get a job in later life. Another good point is that we read plays, stories and other prose, which helps us prove to people that a lot of us listen to our teachers and appreciate the beauty of our language. We don't look forward to going to school in the morning, we look forward to going to work.

No comments: